GPS trackers in motorcycle helmets and heads up displays have come a long way in the last few years. They make life easier and safer for the driver. However, the most important thing is that motorcycle helmets used together with GPS devices make your motorcycle ride safer.
Today, we’ll talk about the new high tech helmets that can be connected to GPS trackers. First of all, we’ll provide you with the overview of motorcycle helmet technology. Afterwards, we’ll describe the specifics of the GPS technology in a motorcycle helmet. Then, we’ll explain to you how to use a GPS device to track a lost motorcycle helmet. Lastly, we’ll review 3 great motorcycle helmets that can be used together with GPS tracking devices.
Overview of Motorcycle Helmet GPS & HUD Technology
- Smart helmets. The most up-to-date high tech helmets (also known as smart helmets) obviously make a history of the motorcycle industry today. You should know that using high tech motorcycle helmets delivers multiple significant benefits to a motorcyclist. Generally speaking, more technologically advanced motorcycle helmets have everything you need to take your biking experience as well as protection to the next level.
- Increase drivers comfort. It’s fair to say that smart helmets can contribute greatly to a motorcycle driver’s comfort. The so called wearable tech in helmets makes it possible for riders to go faster. You’ll definitely find it easy to track your location during your motorcycle ride if your helmet is connected to GPS system.
- HUD. Many smart motorcycle helmets are equipped with HUD (also known as Heads-up-Display). Heads-up-Display is a real-time display that provides motorcycle drivers with quite good rear road visibility.
- If your motorcycle helmet comes with this amazing feature, you’ll certainly find it easy to see what’s happening behind you during your ride. And of course, this great feature will help you increase the safety of your motorcycle ride dramatically.
- A wide-angle rear view camera is built into a motorcycle helmet.
- With this type of a smart helmet, the safety of your motorcycle ride is likely to increase significantly.
- Increases situational awareness
- The innovation driven motorcycle helmets come with many other great features including beautiful design, LED displays, notification lighting, a voice controlled interface, Bluetooth communication, phone connectivity, turn-by-turn directions, a solar panel for charging helmet’s battery and others.
- Lighting to see your GPS and HUD. Would you like to add extra lighting to your helmet? Or, maybe, you wish to make yourself darker? One way or another, this can be easily done by a simple touch of a button. Above all, smart motorcycle helmets make it possible for drivers to listen to their favorite music during rides.
Less riding stress makes a more comfortable ride.
Specifics of the GPS Technology in a Motorcycle Helmet
The latest GPS navigation technology that’s used in motorcycle helmets make it possible for bike drivers to reach their destinations quicker and safer.
The GPS system allows a motorcyclist to see their road as well as the current location on the map. During the navigation you’ll be able to see full-color images that appear at the visor’s center and view where your bike is riding on the map. A motorcyclist also has an opportunity to change image’s brightness levels while riding.
The vast majority of the up-to-date GPS trackers in motorcycle helmets provide riders with turn-by-turn directions. Some of GPS systems also provide motorcyclists with traffic reports, weather forecasts and other important information. Among the other GPS tracking device’s features are: a microphone, a voice controlled interface, headphones, digital compass, G-sensor, gyroscope and more.
And remember, the manufacturers of high tech motorcycle helmets pay close attention to rider’s safety. Keep in mind that GPS tracking devices connected to smart motorcycle helmets don’t show your bike’s current location on the map if you travel at high speed. So, you’ll be able to see maps only after you lower your speed.
Does GPS Let You Track a Lost Motorcycle Helmet?
Iit all depends on motorcycle helmet’s features. Does your motorcycle helmet have a built-in Bluetooth? If so, you’ll definitely find it easy to connect your helmet with a mobile phone and GPS system via Bluetooth. That means that you’ll be able to locate your helmet fast and easy if it gets lost.
Examples of 3 Great Motorcycle Helmets with GPS Trackers
Luckily, there is no shortage of motorcycle helmets that can be connected to GPS tracking systems these days. So, the big question is – what is the best motorcycle helmet that can be used with GPS? Let’s try to get the correct answer to this question right now.
Below, we’ll review some of the best high tech motorcycle helmets that can be used with GPS trackers. The reality is each of these 3 great helmets has a lot of positive customer reviews and built a solid reputation on the market. So, we’ll discuss the key features and outline the top benefits of each motorcycle helmets. Hopefully, this information will help you make your own conclusions about motorcycle helmets and make a smart decision.
1. FreedConn BM2-S
FreedConn BM2-S is known for being one of the best smart motorcycle helmets available on the market today. The helmet is available in five colors: gloss black, gray, matt black, red and white.
What is great about this motorcycle helmet is that it comes with the Bluetooth 3.0. Therefore, you’ll be able to connect your motorcycle helmet to your mobile phone and GPS system. Finally, you’ll be able to listen to the voice prompts of your GPS device while riding.
In addition, you’ll be able to connect your FreedConn BM2-S to your mp3 player. So, you’ll get the perfect opportunity to enjoy listening to your favorite music during your rides. You can also connect your motorcycle helmet to FM radio via Bluetooth. This will make it possible for you to listen to news and get the information about road traffic when you are on the go.
It’s worth noting that FreedConn BM2-S is a lightweight motorcycle helmet with waterproof design. Another cool thing about FreedConn BM2-S is that the helmet comes with the advanced ventilation system. All of this means that you’ll find it comfortable to use FreedConn BM2-S while riding. Also, you’ll never find it hard to clean your motorcycle helmet.
FreedConn BM2-S helmet impresses motorcyclists with its audio multi-tasking technology. In other words, this type of technology makes it possible for you to answer a phone call, listen to music and use GPS tracking system while traveling.
Click here to buy FreedConn BM2-S motorcycle helmet now!
2. Bilt Techno 2.0 Bluetooth Helmet
Bilt Techno 2.0 Bluetooth Helmet is another good option for those who are looking for a motorcycle helmet with a GPS system. The helmet itself is aerodynamic, lightweight and comfortable. Bilt Techno 2.0 Bluetooth Helmet is available in three colors: black, matte black and white colors.
However, the most important thing is that the helmet supports Bluetooth 3.0. This makes it possible for you to connect your motorcycle helmet to your smartphone via Bluetooth. So, you’ll be able to take advantage of hands free mobile phone communication and listen to your favourite music as well as radio while riding. And of course, you’ll have a great opportunity to make use of a GPS tracking system during your ride. The Bilt Techno 2.0 Helmet has excellent rates and is another great helmet at a phenomenal price on Amazon.
3. Torc T14B Bluetooth Integrated Mako Full Face Helmet
Torc T14B makes a difference as the modern motorcycle helmet with Bluetooth integrated shell, innovative locking drop down internal sun visor system (known as Smooth Lock), a dual density EPS system, laser contoured comfort liner padding and many other important features. Torc T14B helmet has a rounded shape with a pointed nose. Another big advantage is that Torc T14B is a lightweight motorcycle helmet. Thus, you’ll find it easy to use this helmet even during long rides. The helmet is available in several colors: black, flat black, flat black flag and flat grey nuke. I was surprised at how cheap the Torc T14B Bluetooth Intergrated Mako Full Face Helmet was on Amazon.
How Does GPS Know When There Is Traffic?
Google Maps can determine how heavy traffic is by the number of devices (usually your cell phone) in a certain location while driving. The more cell traffic on the road will show up as condensed traffic, hence it will show up as a traffic jam. Most phones are connected to Google Accounts and therefore supply Google Maps with the amount of traffic on the road at any given time. This happens in real time.